A couple of weeks ago I shared that I had joined the MapMyFitness Quaker Challenge, committing to 15 activities in 30 days to protect and strengthen my heart. Specifically, my goal for February was to:
- ride the exercise bike at least 4 times a week (while reading, a win-win)
- play a game of tag with the girls on beautiful days (which we’ve been having lots of this winter)
- go for a hike as a family at least once this month
And honestly? I’ve done okay.
We have yet to play a game outside, although I have walked around and around a roller skating rink while they skated for two hours and walked around and around a cul-de-sac circle while they skated another day.
I have been riding the bike several times a week while reading, although this week we’ve been out of town, so I didn’t even get that in!
And the weather hasn’t been conducive to a family hike, but my husband really liked that idea and we’re hoping to do that more regularly as a family as the weather gets nicer!
So what have I been doing?
Well, to start, I’m just spending more time on my feet. I’m trying to get up off my bum and just move more in general. Is that enough to achieve perfect health? No, probably not. But is it better than sitting all day every day as I’ve been doing for the past two years? Yes, I think it!
I want to do better, but I don’t want to let perfection paralysis stop me from taking baby steps toward better fitness – for my heart and for my whole body!
For your chance to win $750 complete these two steps:
1. Share the Challenge with your friends.
2. Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to join the Challenge AND share what motivates you to stay healthy below.