As I’m sure you know, October is breast cancer awareness month. Breast cancer is a horrible disease that has touched, unfortunately, almost every one of our lives in some way or another. Chances are that you know someone who has fought or is fighting against breast cancer or, at the very least, who has had a scare.
I was first inspired to do this gallery during the first October Washington Redskins game, when the entire team of big, burly football players came out wearing pink wrist bands, skull caps, shoes & gloves. Although I’m featuring the Redskins here because they’re our team, the entire NFL is participating in breast cancer awareness month to raise money and increase awareness of the importance of early detection.
Below are some of my other favorite breast cancer awareness and fundraising campaigns this month:
1. Rock the Ribbon 10 Year Anniversary Celebration with Harry Connick, Jr. from BreastCancer.org (Harry Connick, Jr….need I say more?)
2. The Washington Redskins (I love the way the entire NFL is participating in breast cancer awareness…it definitely has people talking!)
3. Just Hope Necklace from Hip Fusion Designs (an exclusive design from my friend Neida that supports Living Beyond Breast Cancer)
4. Ink it Pink from Sharpie (I’m going to let the girls sign their names to participate in this one)
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Cupcake Skewers from Hoosier Homemade (Liz does it again with these “magical” cupcakes!)
6. Save Lids to Save Lives from Yoplait (another fun project to get the kids involved in)
7. Pink Hook & Loop Training Gloves from Everlast (a family friend received a pair of these after her diagnosis, and I love the symbolism!)
8. support breast cancer survivors and promote awareness with a Twibbon (do you follow me on Twitter?)
9. Live Well Cuff Bracelet from the Pink Ribbon Store (love the words on this…Live well. Love much. Laugh often.)
Has breast cancer touched your life? How do you support the cause?