Each week here at Life Your Way, we focus on one five-day challenge. The challenges will take place on a different channel each week and include small, measurable goals to help you improve your life.
This week’s challenge is to define your vision and set goals for your blog.
I have the privilege of serving as a coach and consultant to a variety of bloggers — through one-time sessions as well as ongoing consultation — to help them take their blogs to the next level. While an important part of that process is our dialogue and the ideas that come from that, one of my main goals is to help each blogger clarify their vision and goals as well as steps they can take to steadily move toward them.
If you haven’t taken the time to define your purpose, vision and goals (or if you haven’t revisited them recently), here are some questions to help you get started:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How have your goals or vision for your site changed since then?
3. What is your favorite part of blogging?
4. What projects get you excited, even if they seem unrealistic or unattainable?
5. If time and earning an income weren’t a concern, what would you most like to do with your blog?
6. What measure do you use to determine whether you’re successful as a blogger?
Your challenge this week, should you choose to accept it, is to define your purpose, vision and goals for your blog. Use this Blogging Goals printable to help you think through what you want to accomplish both in the short term as well as the long term.
If you participate in this week’s challenge, be sure to come back and tell us about your progress. Was it easy for you to define your purpose, vision and goals, or did you have to spend some time thinking through them? Will your answers change any of the things you’re already doing, or are you already on the right track to accomplish your goals?