My grandmother, like many people from her generation, was notoriously frugal. She would stand guard to make sure no one actually threw away any disposable utensils at family get-togethers, she’d save the crumbs from cereal and cookies in a bag in the freezer to use as ice cream topping, and she had clotheslines in her basement specifically for hanging paper towels to dry so that they could be reused as well.
While I won’t pretend to have inherited all of her thriftiness, I do like to save money where I can, and here are nine frugal hacks you can use to save money in the kitchen:
1. Homemade “Cream of” Soups | Kitchen Stewardship
2. Gourmet French Press Coffee | Unsophisticook
3. Indoor Winter Herb Garden | Organic Authority
4. Apple Cider Vinegar as an All-Purpose Cleaner | TreeHugger
5. Make Your Own Clorox Anywhere | Deal Seeking Mom
6. Frugal Stainless Steel Cleaner | Life Your Way
7. Eat at Family-Style Restaurants | Life as Mom
8. All-Natural Hand Moisturizing Scrub | Good Life Eats
9. Homemade Salad Dressing | Simple Bites
How do you save money in the kitchen?