To be honest, I didn’t even know what rhubarb was until Aimee @ Simple Bites began posting recipes last year. And then I was mostly intimidated by this veggie that looks suspiciously like pink celery but seemed to be headlining in cobblers, crisps, pies and other desserts. But Aimee answered all of my questions in this Rhubarb 101 post, and when I spotted it in our grocery store a couple weeks ago, I was ready to give it a try!
My first experiment with rhubarb did not disappoint, and I’ve found myself scouring the blogosphere for additional recipes to try. Since Aimee was the one to introduce me to this fun and fascinating veggie, it’s only fair that her recipes play a leading role in this gallery. But I’ll admit that the next recipe on my list to try is the yummy rhubarb baked oatmeal (#5) from A Little Zaftig.
1. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Whole Wheat Crust | Simple Bites
2. Rhubarb Buttermilk Mini Muffins | Family Bites
3. Rhubarb Cobbler | Plan to Eat Blog
4. Strawberry Rhubarb Coffeecake | Fragrant Vanilla Cake
5. Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal | A Little Zaftig
6. Rhubarb Pie Tartlets | Brown-Eyed Baker
7. Cherry Rhubarb Crisp | Two Peas & Their Pod
8. Ten Ways to Enjoy Rhubarb Compote | Simple Bites
9. Rhubarb-Pear Butter | Simple Bites
Do you have a favorite rhubarb recipe? Share it with us!