As we kick off the new year (although I guess it’s not too new anymore…), I wanted to share some book recommendations for your reading list this year. These are books that I’ve read, are on my to-read list or come highly recommended from others.
Green living is about a lot more than just avoiding BPA and carrying reusable shopping bags. It encompasses the way we eat and shop. Some of the books on this list might surprise you, but I think books like The Creative Family, The Last Child in the Woods and I Love Dirt are important reminders that “green living” starts with a genuine appreciation for simple living and the beautiful world we live in.
1. Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder | Richard Louv
2. Sara Snow’s Fresh Living: The Essential Room-by-Room Guide to a Greener, Healthier Family and Home | Sara Snow
3. The Backyard Homestead: Produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre! | Carleen Madigan
4. In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto | Michael Pollan
5. The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections | Amanda Soule
6. Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time | Stephanie Langford
7. The Unhealthy Truth: One Mother’s Shocking Investigation into the Dangers of America’s Food Supply and What Every Family Can Do to Protect Itself | Robyn O’Brien
8. Easy Green Living: The Ultimate Guide to Simple, Eco-Friendly Choices for You and Your Home | Renee Loux
9. I Love Dirt!: 52 Activities to Help You and Your Kids Discover the Wonders of Nature | Jennifer Ward
What else would you add to the list?