Oh, man. Last week our family battled the flu all week (the cold & flu kind, not the stomach flu kind…thankfully), and by Friday all six of us had it. Miserable. Anyway, I pulled out a rotisserie chicken that I’d put in the freezer a few weeks ago and made a pot of chicken noodle soup, but I got a little noodle happy (with tiny acini di pepe noodles that my mom buys for me) and we ended up with chicken noodles rather than soup. Either way, the benefits of chicken noodle soup, both for comfort and its healing properties, has long been documented.
It seems that each family has its own take on chicken noodle soup, so I put together this gallery of 9 different takes on chicken noodle soup. Some call for homemade stock, some for store-bought. Either way, you can use the two interchangeably in any of the recipes below:
1. Mom’s Chicken Noodle Soup Made Easy | Organic Authority
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup | Adorkable Recipes
3. Chicken Noodle Soup with Swiss Chard or Kale | Annie’s Eats
4. Chicken Noodle Soup from Roasted Chicken | Musings of a Housewife
5. Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup | Chez Us
6. Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup | Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
7. Buttery Chicken Noodle Soup | Tasty Kitchen
8. Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup | Kitchen Daily
9. Chicken Noodle Soup with Soup | Closet Cooking
Do you have a favorite chicken noodle soup recipe?