Peanut butter blossoms have long been one of my favorite cookies, and several years ago, I decided to get creative with a chocolate crinkle cookie recipe I found. I created these chocolate candy cane blossoms. This is an extremely rich and delicious cookie, and I’m looking forward to making more this year!
If you’re part of the Plan to Eat…Your Way group, you’ll also find the recipe there so that you can quickly add it to your recipe book or meal plan! (If you’re not yet signed up for Plan to Eat, you can try it free for 30 days, and I think you’ll like what you find!)
Chocolate Candy Cane Blossoms
- 48-72 candy cane chocolates
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl, and then stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
3. Use a melon baller to shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in confectioners sugar and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Unwrap chocolates while you wait and immediately press one into the center of each cookie. The cookie will crack around the edges as you do. Move to a wire rack to cool.
About 6 dozen cookies.
Be sure to download or print the free Holiday Treats Your Way ebook for more fabulous cookie, candy, and nut recipes for your holiday baking!