On Christmas morning, we start the day by reading the story of Jesus’ birth upstairs (because once they come downstairs, all hope is lost of regaining their focus!). Afterwards, the girls are allowed to open their stockings and play with whatever “big” toy we have gotten for all four of them (this year it’s a “train” table with a Melissa & Doug Castle) while breakfast cooks. When my parents and sister arrive, we all eat breakfast together, and after we clean up, we open presents.
I love that our Christmas morning fun lasts more than the few minutes it takes to tear through bunches of presents, but I don’t want to spend an hour slaving away in the kitchen either, so we usually make this french toast casserole and some sort of egg & sausage casserole the night before so that all we have to do is pop them in the oven on Christmas morning.
If you’re still looking for an easy but delicious Christmas breakfast, here are a few more ideas for you:
1. Scottish Eggs, The Celtic Ozarkian
2. Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole, Food Network
3. Christmas Tree Scones, Good Cheap Eats
4. Cranberry Almond Stuffed French Toast, The Finer Things in Life
5. Cranberry Orange Biscuits, Food Network
6. Christmas Morning Granola, Baked Bree
7. Big Pancake aka Dutch Baby, Birch + Bird
8. Æbleskivers, In Words and Pictures
9. Bacon, Tomato and Cheddar Breakfast Bake with Eggs, Noble Pig
What do you serve for breakfast on Christmas morning?