If you’re looking for a safe, non-toxic way to freshen the air in your home and embrace the scents of the season without relying on harmful chemicals or candles that could be dangerous with little ones around, this room spray is the perfect alternative.
Made with essential oils, it’s all natural and diluted enough to be safe (although it should still be sprayed away from pets and small children!). Set your spray bottle so that it sprays a fine mist and mist the air, your linens (curtains, couch, etc.) or even your Christmas tree!
This is also a great alternative to stove-top potpourri if you’re concerned about running your stove all day or the amount of spices and fruit you’ll need to keep it running throughout the holiday season.
- spray bottle
- 2 ounces witch hazel or vodka (helps the oils “mix” with water)
- 2 ounces water
- 30 drops essential oils*
Combine witch hazel or vodka and essential oils in a spray bottle and let sit for 1-2 hours.
Add water to the mixture.
Shake well before each use.
- Christmas tree spray: 25 drops fir needle or pine plus 5 drops sweet orange
- Spicy citrus: 12 drops sweet orange, 12 drops lemon, 4 drops cinnamon bark, 2 drops clove bud
- Warm & cozy: 10 drops cinnamon bark, 10 drops sweet orange, 7 drops vanilla, 3 drops nutmeg
- Home for the holidays: 15 drops sweet orange, 10 drops cinnamon bark, 5 drops pine
- The great outdoors: 18 drops fir needle, 7 drops orange, 5 drops nutmeg
Projects from the archives:
Join us as we celebrate 101 Days of Christmas with new DIY projects, gift ideas, traditions and more every day from now through Christmas!