This month we’re spring cleaning the easy way with our Spring Cleaning Made Easy series! The goal is to get the whole house clean — one mini task at a time — without having to set aside a whole week, or even a whole day, to clean.
If you’ve survived the spring clothes rotation and the great clean up, we’re almost done with the kids bedrooms! Today we’re going to finish deep cleaning all the hidden corners.
Today is another great chance to open the windows for a couple hours while you clean to bring in the fresh air!
Then, we’re going to follow the same method we used when doing the master and guest bedrooms:
- Grab a duster or vacuum cleaner and clean off the fan blades (and I still didn’t remember to have you do this before we did the bedding — oops!).
- Using your duster or vacuum, clean the corners between the walls and ceilings.
- Dust window frames and clean blinds. Hang curtains outside or tumble them in the dryer to get rid of any dust in them.
- Next, wash the windows and any mirrors.
- Dust any shelves and knick knacks as well as picture frames.
- Clean the baseboards and behind any furniture.
- Finally, vacuum and steam clean or sweep and mop.
And you’re done!
Track your progress this month with the Spring Cleaning Made Easy checklist, which comes in two versions — one with dates to coincide with the live series and one with generic labels so you can do it on your own at another time. Click here to download or print your copy!
Tomorrow we’re hitting the foyer and coat closet — time to pack away the winter gear (at least for most of us!).
How long will your children’s rooms stay clean after all of your hard work this week? 🙂