This month we’re spring cleaning the easy way with our Spring Cleaning Made Easy series! The goal is to get the whole house clean — one mini task at a time — without having to set aside a whole week, or even a whole day, to clean.
In our house, the family room is the hub — the room that’s used the most and gets the dirtiest — so today’s task is an important and oft-repeated one!
Bonus: If you have a formal living room, take the time to deep clean that room while you’re working on the family room!
Today, we’re going to follow the same basic method we followed in the bedrooms. Start at the top and clean your way down:
- Grab a duster or vacuum cleaner and clean off the fan blades.
- Using your duster or vacuum, clean the corners between your walls and ceilings.
- Dust window frames and clean blinds. Hang your curtains outside or tumble them in the dryer to get rid of any dust in them.
- Next, wash the windows and any mirrors.
- Dust any shelves and knick knacks as well as picture frames.
- Clean under the couch cushions.
- Pull the couch out from the wall and clean under/behind the couches.
- Clean the baseboards and behind other any furniture.
- Finally, vacuum and steam clean or sweep and mop.
And you’re done!
Track your progress this month with the Spring Cleaning Made Easy checklist, which comes in two versions — one with dates to coincide with the live series and one with generic labels so you can do it on your own at another time. Click here to download or print your copy!
We’re almost done; is your home feeling clean? Tomorrow we’re going to start on the laundry/utility/mud room!
What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever found in your couch cushions?