For the next month, we’ll be spring cleaning the easy way with our Spring Cleaning Made Easy series! The goal is to get the whole house clean — one mini task at a time — without having to set aside a whole week, or even a whole day, to clean.
Now that the closets and cabinets have been cleaned out, it’s time to pull on the rubber gloves and scrub the rest of the bathroom. Just think how great it will feel when they’re all sparkly and clean!
Today’s goal is to clean your fixtures (tub, shower, sink and toilet), wipe down the walls and baseboards and scrub the floors. You’ll also want to clean the mirror, shower or cabinet doors and any windows in the bathroom.
Using Becky’s Clean Your Bathrooms in 15 Minutes (or Less) method as a template for today’s deep clean, here’s how I suggest you do it:
1. Start in the first bathroom and spray any glass surfaces with window cleaner. Wipe clean.
2. Clean the toilet with a toilet brush.
3. Liberally spray the sink, toilet and tub/shower with all-purpose cleaner or disinfectant.
4. Let the cleaner sit for a few minutes to completely clean and disinfect while you repeat the first 3 steps in the additional bathrooms.
5. Head back to the first bathroom and wipe everything down; repeat in remaining bathrooms.
6. Once the fixtures and glass are clean, start with a fresh damp rag and wipe down the walls in each bathroom.
7. Wipe the baseboards.
8. Spray the floor with an all-purpose cleaner and let it sit for a for example minutes while you clean the walls and baseboards in the remaining bathrooms.
9. Head back and mop the first bathroom; repeat in remaining bathrooms.
And you’re done!
Track your progress this month with the Spring Cleaning Made Easy checklist, which comes in two versions — one with dates to coincide with the live series and one with generic labels so you can do it on your own at another time. Click here to download or print your copy!
Still in the mood to clean? Get a jump start on tomorrow, when we’ll be cleaning the bedding in the master and guest bedrooms.
How long does it take you to deep clean the bathrooms in your home??