Last summer we put our youngest daughter on a gluten-, dairy-, soy-free diet in attempt to figure out the cause of her persistent reflux. In the end, the main culprit was dairy, and we were able to reintroduce gluten with no problem. However, that journey taught us a lot about our ability to rise to a challenge and the fun of trying new things!
In the process, we also discovered quite a few new recipes that our whole family loves, including these almond meal chicken nuggets below.
We also found that no one does gluten-free quite like Udi’s, and we were especially thankful to find a bread that our daughter actually enjoyed for those days when we served sandwiches or toast.
Right now Udi’s is holding a Look Again, It’s Gluten Free contest. Do you have a favorite gluten-free recipe? Be sure to submit it to win a 3 day/2 night trip to California and a gluten-free cooking class at Le Cordon Bleu!
You’ll also find tons of support, recipes and resources in the Udi’s Gluten Free Living Community
Now for the recipe:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour a ¼" layer of oil in the bottom of a medium skillet and heat on medium-low.
- While the oil heats, cut each chicken breast into 6-8 equal pieces. You can thin them with a mallet or cut them in half through the middle depending on the thickness, but you want them to be about ½" thick.
- In a shallow bowl, mix almond meal and spices. Press each chicken piece into the coating until evenly covered and then transfer to the hot oil.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the coating is golden brown and the nuggets are cooked all the way through.
We made some fun discoveries during our gluten-free journey, but now it’s your turn: what do you enjoy most about trying something new?
For your chance to win a $350 William Sonoma gift card to purchase a Kitchen Aid Mixer or other gluten free cooking tool of your choice, complete these two steps:
1. Share the Udi’s Look Again, It’s Gluten Free Recipe Contest with your friends.
2. Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to enter the Look Again, It’s Gluten Free Recipe Contest (be sure to include a direct link to your social media post) AND tell us what you enjoy most about trying something new below
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine. Official BlogFrog Sweepstakes Rules.