Crab dip is Sean’s favorite food of all time, but it’s one usually reserved for special occasions since crab is on the expensive side. Having grown up in Maryland, there’s no question that we buy Phillips crab meat, but we’ve found that we like the claw meat the best for this recipe, which — thankfully! — is less expensive than the coveted backfin meat.
This is an easy dish to throw together for the big game this Sunday, whether you’re watching as a family or having a larger get-together. Serve with lots of bread or crackers!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 16 ounces crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or ½ teaspoon vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay
- bread or crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish (or pie plate!).
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot with thinly sliced baguettes or crackers.
Click here to add this recipe to your Plan to Eat account.