I’ve only had an iPod for about a year (I know, sad but true), and although my girls listen to stories and music on their mp3 players pretty much everyday, I found that mine spent a lot of time in a drawer simply because I’m not in a position to listen to music or books on tape with my headphones on since I often need to be listening for my kids at the same time.
It never really even occurred to me to look for speakers until I saw the cute little case/speaker that a friend of mine had for hers. We bought our two oldest daughters their own set last year for Christmas (#5 below) so that we could get the boombox out of their room and more easily rotate music/stories each day, and we’ve loved them ever since!
As for me, I mostly use my iPad now since it comes with really great built-in speakers, but if you’re looking for speakers for your mp3 player, you’ll find everything from a car cassette adapter to inexpensive speakers and a high-end speaker system. Something for everyone!
1. iHome Portable Stereo System | $16
2. Coby Performance Speaker System | $26.99
3. Altec Lansing Orbit Ultraportable Speaker | $25.22
4. X-Mini II Capsule Speaker | $24.49
5. iLuv Portable Amplified Stereo Speaker Case | $9.97
6. Bose SoundDock Series II System for iPod | $269
7. XM Auto Cassette Adapter | $4.25
8. Pyle Home Portable Speaker System | $31.60
9. DB Portable Foldable Speakers | $3.66
Do you have an mp3 player? Do you use external speakers or are headphones enough for you?