I’ve always said that two years old was my favorite age — I love how they blossom at that age, discovering new things every day, how quickly their emotions bounce from one extreme to another and how they walk the fine line between baby and kid.
But while I’ve been sad that our oldest daughter is leaving the toddler and preschool stages behind, I’ve got to say that I’m loving six years old and all the changes it brings with it. She recently discovered that she can read words in her head without sounding them out, recorded her first vlog without any prompting from me, and today she lost her first tooth. She’s such a big helper and I love when we can share a smile or laugh over something one of her baby sisters has done or a joke between her and daddy that the rest of our girls aren’t quite old enough to get.
These days, she spends almost all of her time doing arts and crafts or exploring outside, and in many ways it makes putting together a gift list for her grandparents so much easier. In the past we’ve done just random art supplies, but she really does better when she’s given a kit that goes together and has picture instructions she can follow on her own. Here are some of our favorite gifts that she received this year for her birthday:
1. Loop ‘N Loom by Alex Toys, $15.34
2. Ballerina Treasure Music Box by Enchantmints, $17.37
3. My Giant Paper Flowers Kit by Alex Toys, $9.32
4. My First Sewing Kit by Alex Toys, $16.75
5. The Fabulous Book of Paper Dolls by Klutz, $14.89
6. Unicorn Pillow Pet by Pillow Pets, $19.98
7. Elizabeth’s Holiday Gown by American Girl, $32
8. The Super Scissors Book by Chicken Socks, $10.36
9. Thumb Doodles Book by Klutz, $10.17
What is your favorite gift suggestion for six-year-old girls?