This giveaway is now closed! The winner is Amy ([email protected]…)!
Have you seen the Silhouette Digital Cutter? I’ll admit I’ve been drooling over these nifty little machines since the giveaways and projects first started popping up on blogs last year, and when Silhouette offered me the opportunity to review one and give one away, I jumped at the opportunity.
Among my must-try projects are glass etching (adding labels to all of my repurposed glass jars!) and paper cutouts to make my own cards!
This month, Silhouette is promoting their DIY temporary tattoos. I don’t know about your kids, but mine think temporary tattoos are pretty much the coolest things ever, so they were beyond excited when I told them about this project.
Since this was my first time using a Silhouette, it took me a few minutes to figure it out (it’d help if I would actually read directions rather than skimming them, I’m sure!), but it’s really a very simple process.
Here’s how you do it:
- Design your tattoos in the Silhouette Studio. Be sure that your tattoos aren’t too tiny, detailed and intricate (ahem), or you might end up spending a lot of time punching them out once they’re cut.
- Print your tattoos on the Silhouette Tattoo Paper through your regular printer. Be sure to print with “registration marks” that help the cutter align with the images.
- Apply the transfer adhesive to your printed images.
- Attach the tattoo paper to the cutting mat and insert it into the Silhouette. Be sure to select the “double cut” option when sending your design to the Silhouette.
- The Silhouette will first read the registration marks and then cut your image twice. Be patient because it takes a bit of time.
- Punch out your tattoo and then peel the plastic layer away to expose the adhesive.
- Apply it to your skin (adhesive side down) and cover with a wet cloth until the paper backing slides off easily.
Voila! There you have it, easy-peasy DIY tattoos.
Besides all the fun things you could do with these tattoos, I also think this would be a really great idea when visiting theme parks or crowded public places with kids. Create a tattoo with their name and your cell phone number so that if they get lost (heaven forbid!), they can show someone their tattoo and you can quickly be reunited.
Whether you want to create your own temporary tattoos, vinyl wall art, paper and cardstock shapes or fabric embellishments, this is a very cool tool that allows you to make your own supplies rather than being limited to what other people make and sell!
Silhouette is also offering Life Your Way readers a special package price through 6/29. Get your own Silhouette SD plus 2 packages of temporary tattoo paper for $199 (regularly $249 without the coupon code!). You’ll also save 25% on all other products in the Silhouette shop. Just use coupon code YOURWAY at checkout.
Enter to Win
This week, one lucky Life Your Way reader will win a Silhouette SD + 2 packages of tattoo paper! To enter tell me what tattoos you’d like to make. Would you use them for yourself, in birthday party goody bags, to share with your kids’ sports teams or just for fun? What other Silhouette projects do you want to try?
For a bonus entry, like Silhouette on Facebook!
This giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, 6/24. The winner will be selected randomly and notified by email, and this post will be updated with their name as well!