**This giveaway is now closed.**
I’m pretty sure the GBOP (Great Big Outdoor Playball) is one of the coolest toys invented. This large inflated ball isn’t just a ball, but a huge ball that you can actually climb inside!
Our home has a pretty steep front hill, and during the three years that we’ve lived here, the girls have tried quite a few different ways for “sledding” down it during the warmer months. We’ve tried sliding down on cardboard boxes, using sleds even when there’s no snow and, finally, just good ol’ fashioned rolling down the hill.
But when my husband showed me the GBOP on the cover of a recent Hearthsong catalog, we knew the girls would go nuts!
Hearthsong was nice enough to send me one to review, and blowing the ball up the first day was almost as exciting as actually playing with it. The bigger it got, the more excited the girls got.
We then took it outside to play and each of the girls took their turn rolling down the hill. Even Sean got in on the fun, and while we don’t let the baby roll down the hill, she likes to crawl around inside of it like a hamster ball.
Yesterday we gave a “family presentation” at our homeschool co-op, and we took our GBOP to show our friends. The girls shared some of the other fun things they do with the ball:
- Play dodge ball
- Pretend it’s a cave and hide inside
- Pretend it’s a princess castle
- Get inside the ball and “run”
- Play and chase the ball around
As the weather’s turned colder, we’ve had to spend more time convincing the girls to go outside and play…until the GBOP arrived, that is. For us, it’s given them a reason to brave the colder temperatures and wind, and that’s worth it all by itself!
The GBOP (52″) also comes in two other sizes — the Incred-A-Ball (65″) and the GBOP Jr. (36″)!
One Life Your Way reader will win a GBOP and pump for their family!
Enter to Win
Every reader has three methods available to enter this contest:
1. Leave a comment. What is your favorite outdoor activity? How do you encourage your kids to go outside even as the weather turns cold?
2. Subscribe to Life Your Way by email or in a feed reader. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed.
3. “Like” Hearthsong on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
(1) GBOP prize package, as described above
This giveaway ends at 3pm EST on Monday 11/22. The winner will be selected randomly and notified by email, and this post will be updated with their name as well!