While I love holidays, celebrations and traditions in general, Halloween is one that I’ve struggled with as a mother. There’s so much ickyness that I’d just rather shield my girls from — scary costumes, blood and gore, ghosts and goblins, etc. But at the same time, we love dressing up, candy, pumpkins and any excuse to have a party!
When I was growing up, my mom threw the best Halloween parties. And she kept throwing them even though I would throw a royal fit each and every time I tried — and failed — to bob for apples. I don’t have a ton of childhood memories (I really only remember things that evoked an emotional response, unlike my husband, who remembers the smallest details of his childhood), but I vividly remember how fun those parties were!
When Hearthsong, a company I love and shop through frequently for birthday and Christmas gifts, offered me the opportunity to try out some of their Halloween products, I couldn’t resist. I did decline to review any of the scarier products, but cute little bean bags, a friendly pinata and fun glow-in-the-dark pumpkin teeth are right up our alley.
Sean and the girls carved our first pumpkin this afternoon. We know it’s probably not going to make it until Halloween, but we wanted to see these cool pumpkin teeth in action! I would have made a boring straight mouth, but I love the goofy smile Sean gave him.
These cute halloween bean bag critters are probably my favorite, and I love that all four of my girls (1, 3, 4.5 and 6 years old) can play with them together. There’s a fourth beanbag too, but it seems to have temporarily disappeared — oops!
And our oldest has claimed the friendly pumpkin pinata for her 6th birthday party next weekend!
Hearthsong offers a wide variety of Halloween products for all ages, including this more-cute-than-spooky countdown calendar and these fun safety path lights!
This week, two luck Life Your Way readers will each win a set of Halloween goodies from Hearthsong that includes:
- pumpkin teeth (1 set flat + 1 set pointy)
- halloween pinata (any style)
- halloween bean bag critters
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest (for a total of up to four entries):
1. Leave a comment. How do you celebrate Halloween? What’s your favorite Halloween tradition?
2. Subscribe to Life Your Way by email or in a feed reader. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed.
3. “Like” Hearthsong on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
4. “Like” Life Your Way on Facebook. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
(2) Halloween prize packages, as described above
This giveaway ends at 8pm ET on Wednesday, 10/6. I’ll use Random.org to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email, and this post will be updated with their name as well!