Most people are thinking about planners and calendars as we mark the beginning of a new year, but notebooks are another important productivity tool that often get overlooked. Notebooks can be used to record ideas, inspiration, quotes, sketches, to-do lists, reminders and more.
As I begin working on a book (more on that later!), I’ve also started a writing journal where I can write without deadlines and outlines and word counts so that I don’t lose touch with my creative side. I also use notebooks for brain dumps when I’m feeling overwhelmed and for note-taking when I’m feeling inspired.
There are dozens of notebooks available, but here are my top 9 picks as we head into 2011!
1. Moleskine Plain Cahier Journal (3 pk.) | $12.21
2. Habana Notebooks | $15
3. Composition Book | $3.99
4. Writersblok Medium Notebook (3 pk.) | $6.99
5. Rite in the Rain Outdoor Journal | $5.90
6. Leuchtturm Pocket Notebook | $9.99
7. Wellspring Flip Notes Notepad w/Pen | $8.33
8. Ciak Large Sketchbook | $21.99
9. Robert le héros Lined Notebook | $14.99
How do you use notebooks to boost your productivity and creativity?