CBD, the widely used term, stands for cannabidiol. It is a vital ingredient of marijuana (cannabis). Plus, it is an active component of cannabis. However, it has been directly derived from the cousin of the marijuana plant, the hemp plant. Even though cannabidiol is found in marijuana alone, it does not possess the ability to cause a ‘drunk-like state. ‘
The World Health Organisation (WHO) conducted research which proclaimed that “In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential…. To date, there is no evidence of public health-related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
Interesting facts about CBD
You might have read about what CBD oil is, yet you might not know a lot about it. If that’s the case, then you are on the right page. Here are some fun facts to increase your knowledge regarding CBD oil.
But first, where can we get cannabidiol from? Well, Dr. Ganja is your answer.
Cannabidiol has been quite popular in the media over the past few years due to its properties which provide therapeutic effects. If you are researching CBD and its uses, then here are some facts to comprehend this topic better.
- Research has shown that the Cannabis sativa plant contains at least 85 ingredients separately. Among those ingredients, CBD is included. All of these 85 ingredients affect the human body differently. The two vital ingredients in cannabis and hemp plants are CBD and THC.
- If you are facing certain health problems, then CBD is greatly beneficial for you. It is quite useful, especially for women, to assist in alleviating symptoms that they go through, especially during their menstrual cycle. Among the many functions of CBD are preventing bloating and freshening or stabilizing your mood. It also helps in reducing menstrual pain.
- Since it is a component of marijuana, people mostly assume that it makes you feel ‘high.’ However, contrary to this popular belief, CBD happens to be non-psychoactive. In other words, it cannot give you the drunken feeling which is normally linked with the cannabis plant. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the component of marijuana responsible for giving its consumers the feeling of being high.
- Cannabidiol is not easily available everywhere. It depends on where you reside. You might want to purchase it after knowing its therapeutic purchases, yet some countries consider it illegal and banned trading CBD oil. However, if you live in the United States, then you can easily purchase it as CBD has been classified as legal by federal law. Surprisingly, cannabidiol is not available in the Amazon store. Yet, there are quite a lot of online stores from where you can get this therapeutic ingredient.
- In the United Kingdom, CBD is used as a medicine. For quite some time, UK has classified CBD oil as a nutritional supplement. However, in recent days, its status has been changed to ‘medicine.’ Since the British government has begun to realize how beneficial CBD oil is for your health.
- After a lot of research, it has been seen that cannabidiol affects sick people greatly. It can be used for the treatment of cancerous mutations. It also provides relief from pain. Moreover, it is used to get rid of acne and controls seizures caused by epilepsy. In addition to this, CBD helps overcome anxiety.
- You might be astonished to know that it has historical significance as well. In the past, it was used by none other than Queen Victoria! Some records prove that she used it while ruling England. It is reported that she used cannabidiol to assist with cramps caused by menstruation. Sir J. Russell Reynolds, her personal physician, advised her on the use of CBD to relieve menstrual pain.
Use of CBD
The question that comes to mind is that whether CBD oil can be used every day. If you want the best results, then it is recommended to use it daily. Because of its lipophilic (fat-soluble) property, you can never overdose on CBD oil.
Furthermore, CBD is not addictive. In fact, CBD helps you in getting rid of drug addiction. Evidence shows that it reduces the chances of disorders caused by the usage of methamphetamine and cocaine. It may also assist in removing relapse after detoxification and sobriety.
A study conducted in the year 2017 showed that CBD contains an anxiolytic effect. This basically means that it can lower anxiety and cause a calming effect, resulting in muscle relaxation, mind, and body.
Apart from these, cannabidiol has a lot of other health benefits as well. More research is still going on to confirm the information. Right now, it helps fight anxiety, insomnia, and chronic pain. Since many facts about CBD are yet to be aware of, you can still learn a lot from the facts mentioned above regarding this versatile oil.
Featured Image by Julia Teichmann from Pixabay