Formal events such as black tie events are very particular about the dress code. These events are usually considered to be uniformed occasions and thus require you to dress appropriately. Black leather shoes are a popular choice for footwear to match a tuxedo. If you want to go for a more casual look, wear sneakers or cricket shoes for men. But remember, your footwear can make you stand out from the crowd. A tux is about simplicity and class. Therefore, finding the right shoes and seizing dil ki deals that go well with your tux is a crucial task.
Best Shoes you can Pair with a Tux
Formal attire is complete with formal footwear. Here are some popular choices of shoes to wear with a tuxedo-
- Oxfords– Although oxfords have been a sign of formality for a long-time, you can wear them with casual outfits as well. For tuxedos, they are chosen in patent leather. If you wish to wear the shoes more often, the whole cut oxford is an alternative to patent leather. Oxfords are an excellent starting point as they are the most basic and timeless formal shoes. They are versatile, and you can wear them with any outfit. Therefore, oxfords are the best shoes to pair with a tux.
- Black patent leather shoes- Patent leather shoe is the epitome of luxury when it comes to formal footwear. They are probably the most classic as well as elegant shoe design. Nobody would ever question your judgment if you wore these black patent leather shoes for men with a tuxedo. However, these shoes are highly susceptible to damage, so be careful when you walk in them. Even if your tux is an old one, these shoes will make it look brand new. The added benefit is that they are effortless to clean, and therefore, they are a good investment option for the long run.
- Loafers- Black leather loafers are as elegant and timeless as any other formal footwear. If you don’t like the laces look, then loafers are perfect for you. Wear these with a no-show ankle sock or a tuxedo sock, and rock your outfit. These lace-less shoes are a seamless fit. Leather loafers are the ultimate in refined, classic footwear for all seasons. You can wear these shoes for semi-formal looks as they are neither too casual nor too formal. Although they were initially designed as casual shoes, nowadays they are worn with a wide range of outfits. Suede loafers are also an option if the leather is not your thing. You can check out and buy Italian loafers, either suede or leather, from Del Toro Shoes.
- Double Monk strap- Double monk straps are for certain people who like a European fit tux. They can be dressed up or down. Their sleek, modern shape worn with a no-show sock will make you look amazing. The specialty of these shoes is the no lace design. These shoes have buckles and strap fastenings. They are comfortable and easy to wear. They are flexible and can be styled with casual and formal wear.
- Derby- Derby’s are often categorized as Oxfords because of their shapes and similar designs, but there are subtle differences. The facing of a Derby is attached on top of the vamp, unlike Oxfords. This is known as open lacing, which permits for a wider fit. The fit makes it more comfortable and makes it a little more casual than Oxfords and other formal shoes. Derby’s are the most dependable shoes. They are more detailed and textured than leather shoes for men. They are suitable for formal events and can be paired with a tuxedo.
- Opera Pumps- Another option when it comes to pairing tuxedos is opera pumps. They come in suede as well as leather material. They are elegant yet sophisticated. They have a little retro visual impact but look great with a tuxedo. You’d see these shoes at highly fancy events. As they are slip-ons, you can easily wear them, and they are comfortable. Some people don’t like the design, but these shoes will make you stand out from the crowd and make a statement.
If the event is not that formal, you can even wear sneakers or cricket shoes for men, but stick to one-tone shoes and rock the semi-formal attire.
Here are some points to remember while dressing up for a formal event-
- Avoid brogues
- Keep it simple. The extra and fussy your footwear, the less formal it will be.
- Don’t go overboard
- Experiment but keep it classy
Your footwear sets the tone of an outfit. Hence choosing the right one is essential. Your wardrobe will be incomplete without a formal footwear pair. Shoes are the final touch to any outfit, which can decide the actual impact. If you still have doubts about which shoes you can wear with a tuxedo, then leather shoes for men should be your go-to alternative.
Featured Photo by Lukas from Pexels