To be honest, I still use my iPad mostly for “play” rather than work — although I think it’s also a fabulous productivity tool in place of a traditional day planner with apps like AwesomeNote.
But when Epson offered me the opportunity to try their free PrintJinni app (which has recently been updated) with an Epson all-in-one printer, I was excited about the possibilities.
I’ve never had much luck with wireless printing; my devices always seem to lose their ability to communicate with the printer for no apparent reason, and I never even attempted to figure out how to print from my iPad.
But PrintJinni makes it easy to connect and print webpages, email attachments and more.
The program supports Microsoft Office Documents, PDFs and websites so I can print invoices, schedules and even coloring pages for my girls right from the iPad!
PrintJinni, which is developed by Thinxtream Technologies, also offers the following features:
- Connects to Epson wireless all-in-ones over a wireless network
- Previews and prints without the need for an intermediate computer, additional software or printer drivers
- Prints PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents and JPEG e-mail attachments
- Prints web pages by URL
- Built-in help and tutorials
- Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
- Supports iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch
Epson provided me with an Epson All-in-One printer to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% mine!