I’m so excited about the launch of the Life Your Way eBook Club today! We’re starting with my ebook, How to Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too, and I’ll be sharing printables, discussion questions and more as we go.
If you haven’t yet gotten a copy, you can still pick up the PDF version of How to Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too for $4.99 through the end of today, 9/1!
This week, we’re talking about the first part of the ebook, which is really just the story of my journey as a work-at-home mom. But that doesn’t mean we’re going to sit around and analyze my story. No, what I want is to hear your story. Why did you pick up this book? What is your passion? What are the milestones along your journey so far?
Here’s how this works:
- I will share this week’s discussion questions in three ways: in this post, as a printable PDF page and in the comments, with one comment per question.
- Using the “threaded comments” feature, you will be able to respond to a specific question so that your comment is threaded or nested underneath that question. Just click Reply under the comment you’re responding too so that we can see that thread. Other people can also respond to your comment in the same way, so that hopefully we’ll get an actual discussion going rather than just one long comment thread! I’m sure this won’t work perfectly, and it’s not a big deal if you accidentally put a comment in the wrong place or want to throw out a new discussion question of your own. The idea is just to be able to talk through this together, the same way we would if we were meeting in my family room with coffee and pie!
- Please take time not just to share your own answers, but also to read other people’s answers and ask questions, share encouragement and more.
- Don’t forget to download your free printable resources at the end as well!
Okay, let’s get this thing started!
Week 1 Discussion Questions
In the first part of How to Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too, I share my journey as a work-at-home mom — from home daycare to transcription to blogging — and some of the joys and struggles along the way. I opened the ebook this way to build my own “street cred”, since I’ve been doing this whole work-at-home mom thing for as long as I’ve been a mom, and to encourage you that no matter where you are today, the door to tomorrow is still open if you’re willing to work hard and try new things!
Now, I want to hear your story:
1. What is your passion? Are you already pursuing it, or has it been put on hold?
Is it a hobby or business? Are you already working from home? Are you struggling to find the elusive balance, or are you already living your dream?
2. What are your goals? Why do you work at home or want to work at home?
Does your family need the money? Are you looking for a creative outlet? Do you want to be home with your children? Do you miss working? Do you have a dream that just won’t let go?
3. How have your past experiences brought you to where you are now?
What have you tried that hasn’t worked? What have you tried and simply not liked? What lessons have you learned along the way about yourself?
4. How can you use your current circumstances as stepping stones to the future?
Whether you’re currently unhappy and struggling or content and thriving, how can you use where you are now to help you get to where you’re going? What hard lessons are you in the middle of now?
5. Who are the people who have played a role in your story?
Do you have mentors that you look up to, ask questions, etc? Who is your biggest fan and support? Who’s willing to ask the tough questions? Do you have any friends who are also walking this road?
Week 1 Resources
Download or print these free resources as you think about your story:
- Week 1 Discussion Questions
- Goals Worksheet
- MICRO Goals Reminder Cards
- Motivational Quotes Desktop Wallpaper
Looking forward to the conversation!