Each month here at Blogging Your Way, we review “the state of the blog” to give you a peek behind the scenes.
Life Your Way wouldn’t be what it is today without the support and generosity of other bloggers — big and small — in sharing Life Your Way with their readers. Thank you all so much!
- Living the Balanced Life
- Huge Simplify Family Life Sale. The Huge Simplify Family Life sale was a smashing success, with more than 1,000 bundles sold. Sign up to be notified of future sales here.
- Stats. Although stats aren’t everything, I do think they’re part of how we evaluate the things we’re doing as bloggers, so I’m going to share February and March’s stats side-by-side for comparison:
Number of Pages per Visit
- New Series. Based on the feedback from the Start, Stop, Continue survey a couple months ago, I’ve added some new series to the weekly calendar, including “Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow in the Life of…” (an interview series that starts tomorrow), Menu Plan Monday and Growing Your Own Food.
- How to Have Your Cake and Eat It Too. I’m planning to launch my ebook and ecourse — all about making time to pursue our own passions and dreams as mothers — the first week of May.
- More FREE Ebooks. We’ll also continue adding to our free ebook series (which started with the Christmas Your Way, Thanksgiving Your Way and Holiday Treats Your Way ebooks last year), and I’m collaborating with several other bloggers to release some more really great free resources in the coming months.
- Continue Tweaking. In April, I will continue tweaking the site, cleaning up the sidebar, adding additional menus, fixing broken links, adding additional features, etc.
- Growth. Now that we’re through the really busy season, I’m ready to focus on increasing readership and growing Life Your Way again. One way I plan to do this is by guest posting on other sites, which I haven’t really done since we launched in September outside of a few regular columns!
- Media Coverage. Our home, family and business will likely be featured in the summer issue of a national magazine, and that’s an exciting first step toward more media coverage for what we’re doing here at Life Your Way. I’m not entirely sure how to go about seeking more contacts in this area, but it’s something I hope to learn more about and do more in the coming months.
Overall, I’m feeling energized and excited about Life Your Way and making my vision for the site a reality. As always, I welcome your feedback on the things we’re doing — or not doing — and what you’d like the site to become!