Have you ever gotten to the end of the day and wondered what you spent all day doing? Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, a homeschooler or a professional who works in the office, chances are you’ve had this experience.
And even if you haven’t, there are probably time wasters that take up more of your time than they should.
Use this simple time tracker printable to see how you’re spending your time. Keep track of your day for a few days this week and look for patterns, and then ask yourself these questions:
- Are there chores and tasks that you’re putting off in favor of less important stuff?
- Are you wasting time on things that don’t have much value or bring you much enjoyment?
- Are there things you should be delegating to other people?
- When are your high energy times? When do you feel sluggish?
- Are there tasks or routines you should tweak to batch similar things together?
An important part of time management is recognizing your natural patterns and rhythms so that you can work with your energy level and schedule rather than against it.
To use the time tracker, simply write down the time each time you begin a new task with a description of what you’re doing beside it. When you finish (or get distracted by something else), write down the time and description. Just the process of doing this exercise will make you more aware of how you’re spending your time, even if you never go back and review the things you’ve written down!
Have you ever taken the time to track how you spend your day?