The following post is from Jo-Lynne of Musings of a Housewife:
As we’re moving into fall, it’s time to put away the white jeans, tank tops and sundresses and start thinking about corduroy and chunky sweaters.
Or is it???
Don’t put your summer accessories away JUST yet.
Contrary to what your grandmother might have told you, we no longer need to follow those antiquated no-white-after-labor-day rules.
7 Easy Ways to Transition Your Wardrobe into Fall
1. Wear your favorite sandals with a fall outfit to keep it lighter on those warmer fall days.
2. Throw on a neutral khaki jacket or a hoodie with your favorite summer tank top and jeans to carry into fall. Here is a tank and jeans with two different options.
3. Carry your neutral straw beach bag with any basic fall outfit for a fun contrast.
4. Got a fall wedding to attend? No need to go shopping for a new dress. Put a pair of tights and pumps with your favorite summer dress, and you’re good to go!
5. Conversely, go bare on the legs and wear booties with your favorite denim skirt.
6. Pair a jean jacket and booties with your favorite sundress, and you can get at least another month out of it!
7. Wear your white jeans with brown boots and a lightweight all-season sweater. I personally LOVE this look.
How do you transition your wardrobe from summer to fall?
|Jo-Lynne is a Christ follower, mom blogger, barefoot runner, style watcher, reluctant chauffeur, amateur photographer and aspiring locavore. She writes the award-winning lifestyle blog, Musings of a Housewife, and facilitates the social networking group, Philly Social Media Moms.|