Yesterday morning on the way to our homeschool group, the girls and I were happily singing Do-Re-Mi at the top of our lungs when we spotted this tethered hot air balloon rising behind a tree on the side of the road. With it’s vibrant colors and basket full of people, it was such a fun start to our day, so I quickly pulled off the road to take a picture while the girls waved at the people enjoying their ride (who were gawking at us as much as we were gawking at them!).
Even though we were running slightly late, I couldn’t resist stopping to capture the moment, and this picture — with it’s bright colors and the awesomeness that is a hot air balloon — makes me smile every time I look at it.
That’s my version of stopping to smell the roses: taking time to savor the things around us, from an amazing sunrise to a hot air balloon to a fuzzy caterpillar crawling through the parking lot. I’m trying to do it more, not just as an individual, but as a mom and with my girls as well. Let’s face it…life’s a whole lot more fun when you do, right?
Here are some of my favorite posts from around the blogosphere this week. As always, check out what I’m reading to see the other posts that make me stop and think. You’ll find new posts all week long!
- Run Your Own Race | Seth’s Blog
- Are You Wearing Bungee Cords? | Simple Mom
- 10 Things To Stop Caring About Today | Marc and Angel Hack Life
- Getting a Spouse on Board with Natural Living | Simple Organic
- Herbal Remedy Safety | Our Peaceful Home
- 7 Toxins to Avoid as a Consumer and Parent | Non-Toxic Kids
- The Ultimate 15 point Checklist to Make Your Writing Come Alive | Write to Done
- 6 Useful Things to Know About Plugins | Blogging with Amy
- Dear Musicians, Authors, Bloggers & Me. | Jon Acuff’s Blog
Have a great weekend!