No doubt, being a mom is hard work. From helping your little ones complete school projects, getting dinner on the table, and doing laundry the job often seems never-ending. A 2017 survey conducted by Welches which analyzed the life of over 2,000 American moms with children between the ages of 5 and 12 years of age found that most moms:
- Begin their day at 6 am and don’t clock out until about pm.
- They work an average of 14 hours a day and 100 hours a week.
When is the last time you let your hair down and spent the night doing something fun? Yes, with very little time to themselves, it’s important for mothers to take mental breaks and time out to indulge in the things they enjoy.
Why You Should Be Planning the Perfect Girl’s Night Out?
The thought of a night of lounging around in your pajamas and watching Netflix sounds appealing. However, venturing outside your home on your night off should definitely be on your to-do list. If you haven’t had a night out in some time, here are some good reasons why you should consider having one:
Helps Maintain Your Friendships
Women crave spending time with their friends. According to studies, socializing with your girls is about more than just having a good time. It’s a healthy coping mechanism. Studies have shown that women rely on their friendships to help relieve stress and cope with the things that are going on in their lives. Friendships can boost oxytocin levels in the body which aids in relieving pain, lowering one’s blood pressure and it even increases optimism. Therefore, making time to have fun with your friends outside of the home can positively contribute to your overall health.
It Can Be Reinvigorating
Raising children is a life-changing experience that brings much joy, but also requires great emotional and physical strength. After a while, you may feel drained or as if your emotional well has run dry. Spending time away not only feels great, but it will also refill your reserve so that you can continue being the best mom ever.
In a house full of children, personal space is typically nonexistent. If the only “me time” you get is in the bathroom, then it’s time to start a new tradition. Set aside a night every two weeks or so where you can get out and do something you love to do. Be sure to pencil it in your schedule so that you hold yourself to it. Before long it will become a habit.
So That You Don’t Forget Who You Are
Being a mom is a special job. It’s important for you to understand that you are more than just a mother. In the midst of taking care of your family, it can be easy to forget who you are. When’s the last time you pursued something that you are passionate about? Have you been putting in work towards accomplishing your dreams? It may be time to take a deep breath and a step back.
If it’s one thing all mothers need it’s support and guidance. As you progress through the different stages of motherhood, you’ll find that there is no one-stop solution for parental challenges that arise. Spending time with your friends provides the perfect opportunity to feed off the wisdom and knowledge of other moms. These days, it’s not uncommon for mothers to experience depression, anxiety, and postpartum illnesses. Surrounding yourself with other women like you can give you the assurance and support you need to continue to be a pillar for your family.
How To Plan A Mom’s Night Out
Are you ready to set the wheels in motion for a fun ladies night out? Check out these quick tips for planning your night of fun with your circle of friends:
- It’s important to keep it as simple as possible. Yes, keeping your plans simple will make it easy for everyone to join in. Also,things don’t have to be extravagant or expensive to have a good time.
- Be sure to set a regular schedule for going out such as the second Friday of the month at 8 pm. Not only will you all have something to look forward too, but keeping a regular schedule makes the planning process much easier.
- Establish a convenient place where everyone will meet up at the specified time. The meetup location should be easily accessible to everyone.
- Perhaps the biggest obstacle you’ll encounter when planning a mom’s night out is making sure childcare is covered. If possible, in emergency cases you can help provide child care options for some of your friends who may be having difficulty finding someone to babysit.
- Try to keep things fresh by planning a new activity every month. In addition, to researching things to do, you can also obtain input from your friends. After all, you want to do activities that everyone will enjoy.
Fun Night Out Ideas in Scottsdale
There are all types of fun activities you and your girls can get into on your night out on the town. Why not kick things off by grabbing a bite to eat at one of the hottest restaurants in the city? Of course, a girl’s night out isn’t complete without attending happy hour in Scottsdale where the crew can enjoy good drinks for half the price. What are some additional ideas for your night out?
- Attend a sip and paint class where you can paint while drinking a bottle of wine.
- Take a pole dancing class.
- Go ice skating or rollerblading.
- Have a ladies spa night.
- Wine tasting
Before you know it, you’ll quickly become committed to having a regular mom’s night out. Whether you decide to keep things simple by catching a movie or you plan to go out dancing at nightclub you should aim to have the best time of your life. Connecting with your girlfriends and other moms alike is bound to liven up your life and leave you feeling refreshed so that you’ll be ready to tackle motherhood. Are you ready for some fun?
Cover Image credits