When Jamie Martin, who blogs at Steady Mom, asked me if I would be willing to review her new book, Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional Motherhood, I was excited by the tie-in with today’s post in my series on resolutions, become a more intentional parent.
Steady Days is a small book that holds a wealth of information. I keep very few books to reread, but I’ve dog-eared pages throughout this book and plan to keep it as a reference for years to come. Written in 40 short, easily digestible chapters, it offers key principles to help you approach motherhood as a profession along with practical tools to put those principles into practice.
I enjoyed each of the four sections within Steady Days and appreciate how Jamie tied them together into the overarching goal of becoming an intentional, professional mother:
- Getting Organized, including tips for creating a routine and developing a home planner
- Retaining Enthusiasm, with encouragement to count our blessings and meditate on things that will help us be enthusiastic as parents
- Learning Together, with a great reminder about the different between phases and habits as well as practical ideas for learning together
- Making Memories, including ways to make and capture memories together
This week, one lucky Organizing Your Way reader will win a signed copy of Steady Days!
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest (for a total of up to four entries):
1. Leave a comment. Which section of Steady Days most appeals to you — getting organized, retaining enthusiasm, learning together or making memories? How do you approach these areas already?
2. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed.
3. Subscribe to the Steady Mom blog. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
Become an intentional mother in 2010 & win a copy of Steady Days from @steadymom & @mandiehman: https://bit.ly/831PQE
(1) signed copy of Steady Days by Jamie C. Martin
This giveaway ends at noon EST on Saturday, 1/16. I’ll use Random.org to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email, and this post will be updated with their name as well!