“Good friends are like stars you don’t always see them but you know they are there.” -Christy Evans
If we could list the different types of friends in our lives, we would find they are a strange mix of personalities. Together they make the perfect bunch of people we need for every different situation in our lives. From the friend who gives terrible dating advice to the friend who will wait two hours in the rain with you to eat at your favorite restaurant – they come in all shapes and sizes and fill all the right spaces in our hearts. This article celebrates the friendship between mothers and children and best friends with inspirational friendship quotes.
The friendship between mother and daughter is amazing. The job of a mother is altogether different than that of a companion. “Fellowship infers a connection between rises to—moms and little girls are not approaches.” Part of child-rearing adolescents is defining limits and implementing decisions with the goal that our kids remain sheltered and solid and become capable grown-ups. As guardians, we are overseers with power; we are not friends or equivalents. Kennedy-Moore clarifies, “Regarding our kids as companions can mean abandoning our duty as guardians to set sensible desires and cutoff points. On the off chance that we treat our kids as friends, it’s harder to demand that they get their work done, tidy up their rooms, don’t remain out throughout the night, and turn in their mobile phones at sleep time.”
So, this is an appreciation post for all friends in our lives. The friends who came to our lives and gave us unforgettable memories. How would we have to handle life if we didn’t have them next to us?
They are the light and joy of the best days and the support and love during the worst days.
Below are a few inspirational friendship quotes that perfectly capture the highs and lows of friendship from the Friendship Quotes.
Top Shared Friendship Quotes
“Friendship is inexplicable, it should not be explained if one doesn’t want to kill it.” –Max Jacob
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” -Euripides
- “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time, we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” –Ally Condie
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Someone to tell it to is one of the fundamental needs of human beings.” –Miles Franklin
- “True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when your facing problems.”
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” –Alice Walker
- “A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.”
- “Best friends can turn a horrible day into one of the best days of your life.” – Nathanael Richmond
- “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.”
- “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.”
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than alone in the light.”
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
- “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.”
- “A blow from your friend is better than a kiss from your enemy.” –Pythagoras
- “A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.” –Heather Pryor
- “I get by with a little help from my friends.” –The Beatles
- “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” –Linda Grayson
You cannot teach someone to be a friend – It’s our innate quality
Friends have a way of lifting us up when we are at our lowest. Sometimes they don’t even have to say anything. Their presence alone helps us. Breakup pain would last longer, success wouldn’t taste as sweet, and jokes wouldn’t be nearly as funny without them to share it with. Friends comfort us during breakups, celebrate the office promotions, and encourage us when we want to muster up the courage to ask someone out. As Mohammed Ali put it – “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
Within our circle of friends, we have a few best friends or one best friend – the one who deserves a big shootout for the unconditional support and love. Listed below is a selection of inspirational friendship quotes for Best Friend Quotes for 2020.
Best Friend Quotes
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” –Henry Ford
- “A friend is an emotional bond, just like friendship is a human experience.” –Simon Sinek
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” –Aristotle
- “Are we going to be friends forever?’ Asked Piglet. ‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.” –A.A. Milne
- “Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends, even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.” – Thomas Aquinas
- A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
- “A best friend is someone who makes you laugh even when you think you’ll never smile again.”
- “Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier.”
- “We are best friends because if anyone else heard our conversations, we’d end up in the mental hospital.”
If you have a good set of friends, keep them close. As you grow older, it’s easy to lose touch and prioritize other things. Every friendship grows when both parties make an effort to keep it strong. They are the family we choose and will always be at our doorstep when we need them. So, show your appreciation as often as possible and keep them close to you.
Presently there is an intriguing revelation. While we noticed that little girls who became moms unexpectedly reconnected with their mothers such that little girls without kids didn’t, we should likewise take note of that parenthood doesn’t have all the earmarks of being a critical factor in moms and little girls framing grown-up companionships with one another. Truth be told, some state that the appearance of kids really weakens the significance of a girl’s mom in her life since her own arrangement of help has augmented.
Moreover, different elements successfully connect the age differences. Different analysts accept that moms and little girls have a characteristic partiality to become companions since they share a similar history and science, know each other quite well, and overwhelmingly express the longing to become companions. These sets have the advantage of being their stripped selves in a relationship without being worried about social falsification or prattle just to occupy spaces of quietness.
• The powerlessness by girls to endure or acknowledge Mom’s awful, just as her great characteristics.
•Their powerlessness to surrender the unbending bounds of mother-little girl jobs.
•An absence of regular fondness or love that empowers genuine closeness.
• The reluctance or failure to surrender old problems or poor inheritances make better examples of collaboration or change.
•An absence of passionate and steady correspondence.
•The nonappearance of shared enthusiasm for all parts of one another’s lives.
I hope you have enjoyed reading the different inspirational friendship quotes.
Featured Photo by Katy Anne on Unsplash