Testosterone is a hormone produced in the testicles for men and in the ovaries and adrenal glands for women. The hormone helps in the development of male growth and masculine properties. The amount of testosterone is smaller in women than in men. Testosterone levels are high during adolescence and early adulthood but decline once you reach 30 years of age. Fortunately, you can boost your testosterone levels once your doctor says you have low levels. Testosterone boosters can naturally increase your testosterone levels. They contain micronutrients that men are deficient in and help in healthy testosterone levels. Here is how testosterone boosters can help you build muscle faster.
- Healthy Heart. Your heart is your body’s engine, and a healthy one will pump blood efficiently. Proper blood circulation provides your muscles and organs with the oxygen needed for peak performance. This allows you to improve your exercise, increasing your muscle mass. Studies prove that increasing testosterone levels help men increase their performance by 33%.
- Less Fat. Healthy testosterone is responsible for increased muscle mass. Lean body mass helps control weight and increase energy. Men with low testosterone levels can use testosterone boosters to decrease fat mass and increase muscle size and strength. However, some men report a change in body mass but no increase in strength. Combining testosterone boosters with strength training and exercise is the best. This will allow you to see the most benefits.
- Strong Bones. Testosterone is essential in increasing your bone mineral density. Bone density decreases as men reach 30 years and testosterone levels begin to drop. This leads to weak bones and reduced muscle mass. Taking testosterone boosters will build stronger bones that will support your muscles as they increase. This will also boost your athletic performance. Research proves that bone density increases with testosterone treatment as long as the dose is high enough. Testosterone boosters increase neurotransmitters that encourage tissue growth. They also interact with nuclear receptors in your DNA to cause protein synthesis, making exercise more likely to build muscles.
- Get Enough Sleep. Sleep indirectly affects testosterone levels in your body. People who get less sleep are more likely to get obese. An overweight person will have a challenge increasing their testosterone levels even if they take boosters. Getting uninterrupted sleep for around eight hours will help the boosters work as expected. Combining this with regular training will help you lose weight and build muscles.
- Minimize Stress. The stress hormone cortisol affects testosterone levels. Men with high cortisol levels have low testosterone levels. This means that it will be challenging to build muscles. Reducing stress and taking the correct testosterone dosage will help end the problem.
- Taking the Right Dose. Finding the correct dose to improve your testosterone levels can take time. Too many testosterone boosters can lead to dangerous side effects like increased red blood cells. Testosterone boosters come in easy-to-administer forms like creams, injections, and tablets. Injections last longer and do not present contact problems as other methods. The best way is to work with your doctor to find the correct dose for your body and the proper administration method.
- Proper Training. Testosterone boosters are an effective way to increase muscle strength and size. However, you cannot replace resistant training with testosterone boosters. Research shows that combining testosterone boosters with regular exercise will offer significant benefits. Here are some tips to help your training.
- Think Big to Small. Start your workout with compound lifts like bench presses and squats, then go to smaller isolation movements.
- Get in, get out. Try to shorten your workouts without decreasing overall volume. Your testosterone levels will increase after less than 60 minutes of short activities. Ensure you keep most rest periods between 30 to 90 seconds.
- Other Strategies. Ensure you occasionally use lifting methods like forced reps, negatives, and dropsets to stress your body further. Research shows that these techniques can pump up your testosterone levels. However, doing these on every set is not an excellent idea. Instead, doing it on the final set will pay off over time.
While testosterone boosters can improve your muscle mass, you must start with the proper mindset. Building your muscle mass is not an overnight project. You must do the work and choose to set yourself up for long-term success. Talk to your doctor about the best pills to increase your T-levels and make lifestyle changes that encourage muscle growth. The best lifestyle changes are to increase activity levels and maintain a healthy diet to reduce body fat.
Featured Image by zuzyusa from Pixabay