A few months ago, I came across a picture of an apple crate shelf, and I was instantly hooked. I love the rustic look of apple crates in home decor, especially when combined with modern elements, and I would use them throughout my whole house if I could!
Apple crates can be used in so many different ways inside and outdoors. You can place potted plants in the crate to make it look like a larger planter. Paint the crate to give it a different look. Instead or placing potted plants in the crate, turn the crate into a planter by lining the crate with plastic and filling it with potting soil then flowers or bulbs. Wooden crates are also great for planting herbs, strawberries, as well. You may even want to plant some veggies in it. Place the crates around the patio creating a cozy area with lawn chairs. They are great on a balcony if you live in an apartment and have no yard. There are so many uses for apple crates in your home decor.
Here are some of my favorite ideas for apple crates in your home decor:
1. Apple Crate Basket with Burlap Liner | Home Frosting
2. Apple Crate Storage | Isso é Coisa de Lilly – great for storing files, books, and even those old vinyl records.
3. Apple Crate Shelves | Apartment Therapy – finished the crates, stacked and secure the crates to each other to make them stable.
4. Floating Nightstand | Knock-Off Wood
5. Crate on Wheels | Baileys Home & Garden
6. Apple Crate Shadow Boxes | Apartment Therapy
7. Rustic Kitchen Storage | House to Home
8. Personalized Apple Crate Planter | Weddingo – stencil on a quote, or welcome message and place it near the front door.
9. Rustic Bathroom Storage | Real Simple – stack the crates end to end and create unique shelves for towels, toilet paper, etc.