Many people wear glasses for different reasons. Some wear them as protection against dust, dirt, and UV rays. Others wear it for convenience and to make a major fashion statement. Regardless of why you love rocking glasses, it’s important that you only decide on glasses that suit you perfectly.
You should only decide on frames that flatter and compliment your looks. It must also complement your color and be a contrast to the shape of your face.
In a moment, we’ll be looking at the kinds of face shapes that suit rectangular glasses perfectly. But before we do that, you must know how to determine your face shape. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s get down to it.
How To Determine Your Face Shape
Before you can tell what face shape is best suited for rectangular glasses, you must be able to determine the shape of your face. You should be able to determine the shape of your face if you follow the following steps.
- Step 1: Take a self-portrait of yourself. While you take these pictures, make sure your hair is pulled away from your face.
- Step 2: Pick your favorite.
- Step 3: Print out the picture.
- Step 4: Place dots at the tops, bottom, and sides of your face.
- Step 5: Trace between these dots to determine your face shape.
Types of Shaped Face
Now that you have taken the picture, printed it, and traced the dots. You can now easily figure out the shape of your face. By taking a close look, the dots farthest apart and the ones closest together. However, the face shape is classified into six, and they include:
- Rectangular face shape: Here, the distance between all three pairs of dots is equal. The face is also longer than its width.
- Diamond-shaped face: This face shape is described as a narrow jawline or forehead with wider cheekbones.
- Oval-shaped face: If you have this face shape, your face is longer than its width. In contrast, the farthest-apart dots are closest to your cheekbones.
- Triangle-shaped face: The dots identify this face shape on the cheeks and jawline that are farthest apart from the ones on the forehead.
- Heart-shaped face: The heart-shaped face is identified with a narrow chin and a wider forehead.
- Round face shape: If you have this face shape, you’ll form the dots that the width and the height are equal. Also, the dots closest to your eyes are farthest from one another. And lastly, your face has a full appearance, and it’s without any sharp angles.
Shaped Face Best Suited for Rectangular Glasses
There is four face shape best suited for rectangular glasses, and they include:
- Round Shape Face: This face shape practically has no angles, and as stated earlier, the height and the width are equal. With the round face shape, the goal is to make the face appear longer and thinner. And this can be best accomplished with angular frames from the top to bottom of the frame and wider from left to right like rectangular frames.
- Oval Shape Face: The oval face shape is well known for its proportionate shape. However, most frames are suitable for the oval face shape. But the best frames are those with geometric shapes like rectangular squares. The rectangular frames help soften your look and add a rounded lower portion of the frame.
- Triangle Shape Face: Since the triangle face shape is broad at the bottom and slowly gets narrower near the forehead. Accented and conspicuously stylish eyeglasses are suitable for this face shape. Therefore frames with distinguishable detail and color like rectangular frames are the most suitable for this face shape.
- Diamond Shape Face: The diamond face shape is rare. It is identified with a narrow jawline or forehead and pronounced cheekbones. The goal here is to decide on frames that soften the angles and draw attention to your eyes. So it’s advisable to go for something with distinctive and detailed lines and shapes. Frames with a higher temple attached to the frame will help widen the upper face that narrows with a diamond face. Rectangular frames are the most suitable for this face shape.
Where You Can Get Rectangular Glasses
However, people with rectangular face shapes should choose frames with deeper top to bottom frames. The frame must be a contrast to your face shape. Therefore people with this face shape should stay away from rectangular frames.
At Over Night Glasses, you can easily get your unisex glasses. All you need to do to purchase these glasses include:
- Visit our website
- Select rectangular glasses of your choice
- Add your description