It is hard to run a family especially if you are a single mother. You will meet with several challenges on your way, and the most profound one is the financial challenge. The fact that you are the sole earning member of the family creates such difficulties. There is a lot to take care of such as daily expenses, rents, utility bills, health and other insurance, child’s education, your retirement plans and lots more. So Being a single parent isn’t simple, attempting to bring up a kid, work, and stay aware of the considerable number of obligations of day by day life can be overpowering. With such pressure and work throughout everyday life, the fantasy for some single parents of owning their own home can appear to be distant. Fortunately, there are possibilities for home advances for single parents and other help to enable them to progress toward becoming property holders.
Single parents have many choices with regards to purchasing a home. This is commonly a blend of advances alternatives that are simpler to get or more reasonable than customary advances, or concedes and impetus programs that can help facilitate the weight of procurement. In a great deal of cases, a home purchaser can utilize various of these related to one another.
You will face financial hardships and find it hard to manage family budget and to cover all living expenses. Benefits may not be enough to for you cover all general expenses leave alone the unexpected emergencies.
Fortunately, several financial assistance services are now available to help single mothers with their bills, food, daycare, and even loans for unexpected situations. You can choose one of the following to ease your financial hardships:
- The best mortgage programs for single mothers
- FHA loans
- VA loans
- USDA loans and
- Rental and financial assistance programs.
Understand your loan options
No matter whichever type of loan you may qualify for, you will need to know and understand all available loan options before you take on any. You have to be very specific to your financial situation, your earning abilities, and other factors.
- Those single mothers who have a steady income from a job usually will have better options and smoother access to any loans. This is in comparison to those who solely collect and live on benefits.
- Regardless of the situation and the multiple financing options available, the most significant component that is considered for any loan approval is the risk factor to the lender. That means if you are a high-risk loan customer, you will have a slim chance of getting approved for any loan.
However, most borrowing options will usually come from the specialty lenders and non-profits or government initiatives, though several banks will give loans to single mothers.
Know the features
The features of single mother loans are starkly different from any standard loans as these are specially designed to help you with financial situations during emergencies. These loans are however meant strictly to assist you with important household needs and certainly not for any entertainment. Other features will include:
- The speed of cash access
- Flexible approval
- Easy repayment criteria
- Online account management
- Bad credit in several circumstances
- Debit cards on a few specific loans
- Over the phone or online top-ups and much more.
If you want to borrow money to meet with your everyday household expenses such as food, utility bills, and other essential needs, you may also get to choose from a few free assistance options as well. If you need any further information, you can visit reliable sources.
Different lending and financing options
Now choose from the different lending and financing options that are specially designed for single mothers. These lending and financing options also include grants and benefits apart from loans. The amount of loan you may receive will largely depend on the current financial situations, your ability to make repayments and your needs.
- Social Security – SSI is an alternative source of funding you can try out if you are collecting social security which is not enough. This will help you to supplement your current benefit and at the same time increase your monthly cash flow. However, this is not a loan. It is simply an amount given to you as additional cash that you will receive each month so that you can manage your family budget more comfortably.
- Self Sufficiency Grants – This is the money provided to those single mothers who are facing acute financial hardships and in dire need of money to save the roof over their head and keep the lights in their homes on. This is also another type of grant money. You do not have to pay it back.
- Stretch Pay Loans – This is an alternative to payday loans and is usually provided by credit unions. Such loan amounts can be of $1000, and you will need to repay it over a year.
- Micro Loans – These are essentially short-term loans that are designed and provided to single mothers to deal with emergencies. Many different loans will fall into this special category of money lending such as payday loans, cash advance, salary loan, and others. However, micro loans will carry a high cost in the form of fees and APR but will serve your purpose when you need ready cash quickly.
There are several other loan options as well as various financial subsidies available for single mothers to help them with the different other bills. You may take help of these assistance services to reduce your expenses and improve your monthly cash flow.
No matter whichever loan you may choose to take, it is wise to consider the features, understand the terms and the consequences if you are unable to make your repayments.
The different considerations
Irrespective of your situation, taking on a loan can be a poor financial decision if you do not consider your financial situation. It will put you deeper into financial trouble. Therefore, before taking on any loan and make a serious financial commitment, it is wise to consider the following things:
- Whether you can afford the loan as qualifying for a loan does not equate affordability
- Whether the cost of borrowing is worth it
- Can you protect your credit and meet your repayments on time
- Are there any better alternatives?
You must also understand the eligibility requirements in order to take out a loan as it can vary from one lender to another. The common elements of eligibility are:
- A verifiable source of income like a job, investment, and benefits
- An active savings or checking account
- Valid identification such as license and resident card
You must be above 18 and provide proof and duration of living at the current address residency such as utility or phone bill as well. If you fulfill all these criteria, it is now only the application form that waits to be filled and submitted to get your loan.