Good mental health is a tree with three main branches. The first one is your emotional stability, the second is your social well-being, and lastly, being well constructed psychologically. Your mental health is further affected by your thinking. If you are thinking in the right direction because the way of thinking gives direction to your mental state, then comes how you feel about your surroundings’ different behavior. After that, it’s your reaction to such actions of your surroundings. A healthy mind leads to a healthy lifestyle.
These things are related to how smartly you handle your stress and how you manage to relate the things to other people in your surroundings, and then what choices you make.
Mental health has its significance at each stage of your life. It doesn’t matter if you are a child or an adult.
And to solve your mental health programs, there are a lot of programs like 15minutes4me, which you can do on your own.
Table of Contents
Factors affecting your mental health
Many factors are associated with mental health problems, just as your brain chemistry and genes are related to biological factors. Then comes your life experiences. It does matter because we see many people when we look into history. Characters such as Chengaiz khan suffered a lot during his childhood. He is now remembered as one of the most violent personalities in history. Still, now you can change it all and start your life again with hope and a better future.
In the end, it’s your family history that affects your mental health. The easy-going families with good moral support give birth to healthy, sound minds.
Don’t let things go too far. Take notice of it early.
- You might be feeling low on energy
- You might be getting a lot of sleep
- You might be unresponsive to crucial situations
- May experience pain in your body
- A lot of drug abuse can play a major role in leading you toward mental problems
- Mood swings
- Having flashbacks of unpleasant memories and could not get rid of it
- Your mood swings can cause relationship problems
- Unable to talk normally, for example, yelling at your close ones
- Being not clear about anything like always in a state of mixed feelings about something
- Unable to complete your daily tasks
What positives can a healthy mind bring into your life?
Following are a few highlighted positives, and believe me, there are many more than those listed below
- Positive feeling about the things even if they are not going your way
- You might be more productive and efficient at your workstation
- Positive contributions to the community you are living in
- Enhanced ability to deal with stress
How to maintain your health
Following the things that allow you to maintain your mind healthily
- Interacting with other people
- regular exercise
- caring for others
- develop new skills and be a valuable asset to your surroundings
- Proper sleep
- Professional help
- Self-help programs
Contribution of mental health programs to your self-development
The most important thing required from the person who’s having this kind of problem is a commitment that you have to completely submit yourself to such programs. There might be many variations from person to person about the areas you are having problems with. I recommend you focus on 1 or 2 areas at the beginning. Thinking about too many things can get more challenging and a little messy. I advise you to take things at a steady pace. You can find more by following the link given in the first paragraph.
Featured Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash