But if you’re blogging professionally, there’s another niche that I think is just as important to read, and that’s business blogs. Today, I want to share three blogs that I think every professional blogger — and that includes aspiring professional bloggers — should read.
If I started with anybody other than Seth Godin, I’d probably lose all credibility! Fortunately, Seth’s blog really is one of my favorites. What I love most about Seth Godin’s writing is that it’s short and to the point but you just have to read it over and over again to fully digest it. He writes about business, marketing and entrepreneurship, challenging his readers to “Poke the Box” and go against the grain as they create their own path to success.
Here are some of my favorite posts from Seth Godin:
- Just a myth
- Reject the tyranny of being picked: pick yourself
- Can and should
- No such thing as business ethics
- Day old news is fresh enough
Michael Hyatt is the Chairman — and former CEO — of Thomas Nelson publishers. At MichaelHyatt.com, he writes about leadership and pursuing your passion. While more traditional than Seth Godin, Michael is both a talented writer and an experienced businessman, bringing a unique and authoritative perspective to the things he writes.
Here are some of my favorite posts from Michael Hyatt:
- Five Consequences of a Life Out of Balance
- How Do You See People?
- Why Speaking Well of Your Spouse Is So Important
- Turning Failure to Your Advantage
- Are You Tired of Feeling Overwhelmed?
Jon Acuff has been an internet sensation since his popular blog, Stuff Christian’s Like, burst onto the scene several years ago. He has a great sense of humor and a down-to-earth writing style that is easy to connect with. But it turns out he also has a lot of really good stuff to say about business! At JonAcuff.com, he gets right to the heart of the matter on topics such as integrity, entrepreneurship and authenticity, and I always click on his posts in my Reader, even when I’m rushing to clear the unread posts.
Here are some of my favorites from Jon Acuff:
- Do nice guys finish last?
- The truth about trailblazers.
- Saying something doesn’t make it true. Doing it does.
- 3 letters that will radically improve every blog and tweet you ever write.
- Don’t just create ideas, capture them.
Do you read these three blogs? What other business bloggers do you like?