We did a “homemade Christmas” a few years ago, and it was really, really fun to get creative with the gifts we gave. Although things have been busy this year and we decided to purchase many of our gifts rather than make them, I love seeing other people’s ideas and filing them away for the future!
1. A twist on the classic “gifts in a jar” (which we’ll talk about more next week!), this muffin mix is packaged in a brown bag for a simply elegant gift that’s fit for anyone on your list!
Coconut-Pecan Muffin Mix, Real Simple
2. Create a sleek, modern gift for the women in your life with a simple tote bag and some iron-on silhouettes. Hey, even I could do this!
Modern Tote Bags, Martha Stewart
3. If you have a skein of yarn and 15 minutes, you can create a yarn doll! This is a great craft for even the youngest crafter, and I think my oldest and I are going to make a couple for her BFFs.
Yarn Dolls, Wee Folk Art
4. Homemade lip balm is an inexpensive but unique gift or stocking stuffer that you can feel good about giving since it’s 100% natural. This tutorial inspires me to try it for myself!
Homemade Lip Balm, FIMBY
5. These fun root beer reindeer are a fun & adorable gift for teachers, office mates or neighbors. For a more elaborate gift, pair them with some candy, popcorn and a family movie for movie night!
Root Beer Reindeer, Betty Crocker Wannabe
6. Homemade journals make a great gift for friends and family, and this adorable one is made from a recycled board book and can be as simple or fancy as you want. Personalize one for each of the hard-to-buy people on your list!
Homemade Journal, Sliding Down the Stairs
7. Homemade bath salts are an eco-friendly, frugal gift that the whole family can help with. Purchase jars or recycle those you already have for this sweet gift for the busy moms in your life!
Homemade Bath Salts, PsychMamma
8. Rather than gifting another traditional scarf, make a circle scarf — the hottest new fashion accessory — quickly and easily. This versatile scarf can be work as a shawl, a scarf, a hood or a capelet!
Circle Scarf, The Wardrobe Reimagined
9. This versatile fabric tote can be made in any pattern or color and would make a great gift when filled with books, treats or craft supplies!
Fabric Tote, Get Your Crap Together
Do you have a homemade gift idea to add to the list?