We love our stainless steel appliances, but with four little ones, even our “smudge resistant” brushed stainless steel ends up with streaks and smudges. The thought of paying for all of the stainless steel cleaner we would need to keep the appliances clean is not appealing to me, but fortunately we’ve found a great solution.
I now keep all of our appliances shiny and smudge free with baby oil:
1. Put a small amount of baby oil on a dry rag.
2. Rub it over the surface of the stainless steel in long, even strokes.
3. Buff off the excess baby oil with a second dry cloth. Be sure to get all of the excess baby oil off or it will attract lint.
4. Wipe with a dry cloth whenever you notice smudges or streaks.
5. Repeat every week or two as needed.
6. Occasionally, clean the whole thing with Windex to remove any excess oil and then start fresh.
Not only does the baby oil make the surface nice and shiny, but it also helps guard against fingerprints!
Do you have stainless steel appliances?