Last week I asked the question, “How Do You Handle Lack of Motivation?”
There were a variety of answers in the comments with some great ideas for getting motivated. I tend to take a break and find something enjoyable to do until my motivation returns (even if that means I wait until the next day), but when you’re facing a deadline or a to-do list that has to be done, here are some more great ways to get back on track:
1. Go for a walk.
2. Set a timer and tackle something on your to-do list for just 15 minutes. ~Marcia
3. Set a timer and do NOTHING for 15 minutes.
4. Imagine how great it will feel when you’re done and work with that in mind. ~Amanda
5. Break the task up into manageable steps to make it easier to tackle. ~Kim & Taylor
6. Choose the easiest thing on your list and knock it out quickly.
7. Choose the thing on your list you’re most dreading and “eat the frog“. ~Kay
8.Take a 20-minute power nap. ~Kendall
9. Walk away from the to-do list and find something enjoyable to do until your motivation returns. ~Diane
10. Turn on some upbeat music that you love to help you get moving.
Do you have another one to add that I missed? Feel free to share it in the comments!