This month we’re spring cleaning the easy way with our Spring Cleaning Made Easy series! The goal is to get the whole house clean — one mini task at a time — without having to set aside a whole week, or even a whole day, to clean.
We’re almost done with the bedrooms! Today we’re going to finish deep cleaning the master and guest bedrooms so that those rooms are nice and fresh before we move on to the kids’ rooms next week.
First things first: throw open those windows and air out the bedrooms. We like to open our windows as soon as temperatures hit 50 degrees to get fresh, clean air into our home, even when it’s a little chilly!
Next, we’re going to start at the top and clean our way down:
- Grab a duster or vacuum cleaner and clean off the fan blades (okay, if your fan is over the bed, we maybe should have done this before we changed the bedding — oops!).
- Using your duster or vacuum, clean the corners between your walls and ceilings.
- Dust window frames and clean blinds. Hang your curtains outside or tumble them in the dryer to get rid of any dust in them.
- Next, wash the windows and any mirrors.
- Dust any shelves and knick knacks as well as picture frames.
- Clean the baseboards and behind any furniture.
- Finally, vacuum and steam clean or sweep and mop.
And you’re done!
Track your progress this month with the Spring Cleaning Made Easy checklist, which comes in two versions — one with dates to coincide with the live series and one with generic labels so you can do it on your own at another time. Click here to download or print your copy!
Tomorrow’s Easter, so enjoy your rest day before we jump back into spring cleaning on Monday!
How often do you air out your bedroom?