Join us for the Break the Sugar Habit Challengein June!
Earlier this week I shared my thoughts about food as a moral issue, how food restrictions affect relationships and our on-the-go menu plan for this week. Today, I wanted to share some more recipes and resources with you to encourage you throughout this challenge!
Although we started with a pretty good list of recipes, I’m already feeling pretty bored with the list. I need some more variety and soon, or I just may give into my cravings for bread! I’ve included a bunch of recipes below, but please share your recipes, meal plans and ideas in the comments as well.
By the way…it seems like it’d be really easy to go sugar-free and gluten-free in one swoop since you eliminate most bread when you eliminate sweetener anyway. I’m definitely not avoiding grains on purpose, but there’s no doubt I’m eating a ton less than usual.
- Spicy Chickpeas (from the Healthy Snacks to Go ebook)
- Peanut Butter or Cream Cheese on Celery Sticks
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Seed Crackers & Cheese
- Blueberry Mango Salsa
- Fruit Pizza
- Fruit Snacks
- Fruit Juice Jello
- Homemade Fruit & Nut Bars
**is there such thing as dried cherries without sugar? If so, I haven’t found them yet, but you could substitute another dried fruit in this recipe
- Four Bean Salad with Quinoa
- Chicken Apple Salad
- Caribbean Mango Chicken Burgers
- Crockpot Lasagna
- Peanut Butter-Banana Rice Pudding
- Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Spinach and Mozzarella Frittata
- How to Make an Amazing Green Salad
- Whole Wheat Calzones
Sides & Pantry Staples
- Break the Sugar Habit Guided Workbook | Well Grounded Life (FREE!)
- The Sugar Detox Challenge | Naturally Knocked Up (FREE!)
- Healthy Snacks to Go | Kitchen Stewardship
**save 30% through 6/30/12 with coupon code NOWHITESUGAR
- Smart Sweets | Kitchen Stewardship
**save 30% through 6/30/12 with coupon code SWEETSuCANEAT
- Just Making Ice Cream | Just Making Noise
- Treat Yourself | Modern Alternative Mama
Join the Break the Sugar Habit Challenge
Do you have additional strategies or recipes to share? I’m all ears! I’d also love your help brainstorming meals & snacks for on-the-go, as we’ll be traveling a bit over the next two weeks!