This giveaway is now closed, and our winner is Leigh (lmilla). She said: “I take TONS of pics… in fact, I just lost 6 years of digital pics when my external hard drive crashed. (I’m still heartbroken about it!). I definitely do not print out enough pics…” Congratulations, Leigh!
I’ve mentioned before that I’m horrible about actually printing photos out. I have tens of thousands of photos that I’ve taken since our oldest daughter was born (and we got our first digital camera) six years ago. Of those, I’ve probably printed less than a hundred. Is that pathetic or what?
Fortunately, my mom has put together adorable books for each of the girls full of pictures from their first year, and they really are something we treasure. We also created a book for my grandma after she came and spent a week with us a couple of years ago, and I think it was one of her favorite Christmas gifts that year (just don’t tell anybody else…shh!).
Printed photo books, like those offered at Scrapblog, are a really a great alternative to traditional photo albums and scrapbooks for a number of reasons:
- They are thinner and take up less room than large photo albums
- They allow for more customization than traditional photo albums.
- They are quicker and easier to create for new scrapbookers.
- You can reuse stickers, themes and other elements across multiple scrapbooks.
- You get instant access to thousands of products and elements.
- You can work on your photo book at any time, from anywhere with internet access.
- You’re able to share your online slide show with anyone.
Scrapblog is a digital scrapbooking site that allows you to tell your stories through slideshows and photo projects that capture all of the emotions and memories of moments captured on film. For new and advanced scrapbookers, Scrapblog combines the fun of scrapbooking with the ease and usability of digital tools. You’ll find themes and elements from renowned designers such as Anna Griffin, Peppermint Creative, and Little Dreamers and thousands of decorative choices so you can customize your scrapblogs to match your personal style.
With hundreds of free elements as well, Scrapblog truly has something for every budget!
Photo books are a fun way preserve your children’s childhood year-by-year or create books for special events, vacations and people, even if you’re a photo-printing fail like me!
This week, one lucky Life Your Way reader will win a photobook from Scrapblog as well as 1,000 credits to help build your book.
And all readers can take advantage of this special promotion code, which will get you 20% off 1 hard or soft-bound photo book OR 1 calendar OR 100 greeting/postcards through 3/30/2011! Simply enter coupon code LifeYourWay20 at checkout!
Be sure to watch for the first of our monthly Scrapblogging contests next Wednesday as well!
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest (for a total of up to four entries):
1. Leave a comment. Do you take a lot of pictures? Do you print them out? What memories would your preserve in your photo book if you won?
2. Subscribe to Life Your Way by email or in a feed reader. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed.
3. “Like” Scrapblog on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
4. “Like” Life Your Way on Facebook. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment once you’ve done so!
(1) photo book + 1,000 credits from Scrapblog
This giveaway ends at 1pm ET on Tuesday, 10/1. I’ll use Random.org to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email, and this post will be updated with their name as well!