Many people think that having thick hair is a blessing, but while thick hair serves its purpose and makes you look pretty, it can also be a curse in terms of handling and taking care of. All beautiful things need maintenance, and just like that, thick hair also needs love and attention for it to shine. Thick hair can be a trick sometimes, as you don’t know what to do with so much hair or how to tame it. Even if you don’t have thick hair and are striving for it, there are several ways to achieve it.
How to tame thick hair is a significant concern that people have these days. Some people experience frizz with gigantic curls with thick hair that can be very hard to manage.
Thick hair: Like medium and fine hair, thick hair is also a type of hair due to the hair’s width on the scalp or the follicle count. Usually, people have thick hair because of their genes, but some want to achieve thick hair, so they start their expedition towards the valley of thick hair. The main concern that has been arising is how to tame thick hair.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you tame your thick hair.
- Product search: Hair products for thick hair are not hard to find these days. Many websites on the internet and well-known brands have provided a wide variety of products suitable for taming any hair. Several packages include shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks to nourish the scalp and hair.
- Less washing: Different hair types have different techniques that help to maintain them. With thick hair, ensure you don’t wash your hair too much and let the oils and the scalp’s moisture take their course. You don’t want thick and damaged hair at the same time.
- Hydration is vital: Thick hair is higher in volume and thus needs to be hydrated so that the strands of the hair don’t get locked within each other. Opt for conditioners that will help maintain moisture in the hair.
- Wet hair tips: Your hair is in its weakest state when wet. That is why being careful while brushing it. However, it is best not to brush it when wet to prevent hair breakage.
- Regular trimming: Trimming helps the hair grow and gives it freshness. Split ends can make the beautiful thick hair look dull and lifeless. That is why ensure your hair is trimmed every few months.
- Braid your hair: Braids are the most sophisticated hairstyle you can pull if you have thick hair. It is also essential to put your hair into a braid right before sleeping. This will control the frizz and make the hair sit nicely over the night.
- Thinning your hair: For people with really thick hair, stylists usually recommend thinning it a little to lessen the burden. You can ask your stylist to do the same for you.
Hair care is essential to look good, but it is also vital for personal hygiene. You must ensure that your hair is healthy and strong by taking regular care of it.
Featured Photo by lucas mendes on Unsplash