The following post is from Jason & Jennifer Bruce of New Season Design: Printable Patriotic Pinwheels for the 4th of July
Summer is a time for kids to be creative and enjoy being kids.
As we were spring cleaning our office closet, our nine-year-old daughter and I uncovered a treasure trove of craft projects. So we’re spending a lot of our downtime this summer creating!
If you’d like to join us, kids and grown-ups will both enjoy these patriotic pinwheels…just in time for the 4th of July!
Here’s how to put them together:
- Click here to download the pinwheel templates.
- Choose two of the four designs, and print them front-to-back on a sheet of paper.
- Trim the paper square.
- Cut along the dotted lines, stopping before the center of the square.
- Fold one tip of each triangle into the center. Adhere just outside of the center using hot glue, or tape the tips together in the center.
- Once all 4 triangle tips are secure, place a thumbtack through the center of the pinwheel.
- Push the thumbtack into the eraser of a pencil.
- Add wind and enjoy the spinning!
|Jason & Jennifer Bruce are the husband-and-wife design team behind New Season Design, where they work together to help clients put their best foot forward online. Jason is a pastor-turned-graphic designer, and Jennifer is a teacher-turned-blog designer who also blogs at The Simple Pen about life, learning and the things she loves.|