The inspiration for this recipe came from a Pinterest find, these Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. Those were yummy (and would make awesome breakfast hashbrowns), but our kids didn’t love the flavor. However, we love italian seasoning on potatoes (okay…on pretty much anything!), so I decided to switch out the paprika for those familiar flavors. The resulting side dish was one that the whole family loved — always an accomplishment in this house!
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed*
- 3 tablespoon olive oil + extra for preparing the pan
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- *I used a mixture of yukon gold and red gold potatoes because that's what I had in my produce drawer!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub and cube the potatoes, about ¾" on all sides. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to a baking dish and use a paper towel to coat the bottom and sides.
- I use stoneware baking dishes and don't often have to oil them since they've developed a nonstick coating of their own, but these definitely need the extra prep!
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and cheese. Add spice mixture to the potatoes and toss until all of the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the potatoes and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm! (But the leftovers are yummy reheated in the oven as well.)
Click here to add this recipe to your Plan to Eat account.
What is your favorite way to prepare potatoes? What is your favorite spice blend?